The dynamics of hybrid metabolic-genetic oscillators
Ed Reznik, Tasso J. Kaper, and Daniel Segrè
The synthetic construction of intracellular circuits is frequently hindered by a poor knowledge of appropriate kinetics and precise rate parameters. Here, we use generalized modeling (GM) to study the dynamical behavior of topological models of a family of hybrid metabolic-genetic circuits known as “metabolators.”
Hierarchical networks, power laws, and neuronal avalanches
Eric J. Friedman and Adam S. Landsberg
We show that in networks with a hierarchical architecture, critical dynamical behaviors can emerge even when the underlying dynamical processes are not critical. This finding provides explicit insight into current studies of the brain's neuronal network showing power-law avalanches in neural recordings, and provides a theoretical justification of recent numerical findings.
Coupling and noise induced spiking-bursting transition in a parabolic bursting model
Lin Ji, Jia Zhang, Xiufeng Lang, and Xiuhui Zhang
The transition from tonic spiking to bursting is an important dynamic process that carry physiologically relevant information. In this work, coupling and noise induced spiking-bursting transition is investigated in a parabolic bursting model with specific discussion on their cooperation effects.
Robust global synchronization of two complex dynamical networks
Mohammad Mostafa Asheghan and Joaquín Míguez
We investigate the synchronization of two coupled complex dynamical networks, a problem that has been termed outer synchronization in the literature. Our approach relies on (a) a basic lemma on the eigendecomposition of matrices resulting from Kronecker products and (b) a suitable choice of Lyapunov function related to the synchronization error dynamics.
- Chaos is adding new features to the journal website: Check out the “Most Read” and “Most Cited” on the journal homepage to find out the most downloaded articles for the month and papers that are most highly cited by other scientific researchers.
- Tribute to Frank Edward Moss
- REVTeX 4.1 released with AIP style files included
Thomas Peacock, MIT Discusses LCS and the Gulf Oil Spill from AIP Journals (Published 18 June 2010).
- Controversial Topics in Nonlinear Science – Is the normal heart rate chaotic: Announcement | PhysioNet : Data for study | Discussion site
- Focus Issues
- Gallery of Nonlinear Images
Your paper may receive additional media coverage through AIP EurekAlert.
- AIP Journals
- J. Math. Phys.
- AIP Conf. Proceedings in Mathematical and Statistical Physics
- Physics Today
- Comput. Sci. & Eng.
- Physics Today Jobs
- PACS: Physics & Astronomy Classification Scheme ®
- FYI: The AIP Bulletin of Science Policy News
- DBIS: Discoveries & Breakthroughs Inside Science
- Physics Success Stories
- Inside Science News Service
- Physics News Update: The AIP Bulletin of Physics News
- AIP Statistical Research Center
- AIP Center for History of Physics